You are now entering the world of Titch-Films!

I'm an aspiring screenwriter from London, UK. This is my blog about my career as it progresses in film and television, along with posts which are my musings, reviews, and not so expertly compiled analyses of film and TV. Enjoy.

About Me

My photo
London, Surrey, United Kingdom
I'm a creative and opinionated writer from South-London. I rate Doctor Who, Buffy, individuality and questioning the world around us. I slate back-stabbers, ignorance, traffic jams and chewing gum. I also founded the Free Your Mind mental health anti-stigma campaign.

Friday 22 October 2010

What a Frightening Sight! Part Two.

Titch-Films
Hello guys and ghouls, and welcome back to a SELECTION of some of my favourite horror films. My movie picks may not be the best, they may not even be scary, but I am almost certain they will entertain.

We begin with...

Scream (1996)
One of director Wes Craven's slasher classics in which a serial killer is stalking a group of teenagers in the same way as in a horror film.

This film is guaranteed to make you both jump and laugh. For me, personally, Scream is one of the best slashers out there.

Trick 'r Treat (2007)
This movie features four interwoven stories that take place on Halloween: A woman who hates Halloween has to deal with her husband who is obsessed with the holiday; an ordinary high school principal leads a secret life as a serial killer; a group of teenagers pull a mean prank; a college virgin may have found the man she has been waiting for.

Trick 'r Treat pokes fun at the horror genre, and finds success in delivering the laughs.

Pontypool (2008)
A psychological thriller in which a deadly virus infects the inhabitants of a small Ontario town called Pontypool.

Most of the action takes place inside a radio station studio; as the story unfolds for the characters, it does so for the audience at the same time. This film will have you with the characters and impending danger right until the very end.

Cube (1997)
Before there was Saw, there was Cube.


Seven total strangers with widely varying personality traits are involuntarily placed in an endless Kafkaesque maze containing deadly traps.

Yes there is blood and gore, but there is also plot and story. Believe me, this movie will keep you gripped.

Lost Boys: The Thirst (2010)
I'll probably be slated for sneaking the third Lost Boys into my favourites, but that's my decision and I'm sticking with it.

Why?

One word.

Fun.

If you don't believe me, see for yourself.

Resident Evil (2002)
Based on a computer game, Resident Evil is about a special military unit sent to fight a powerful and out-of-control supercomputer, as well as hundreds of scientists who have mutated into flesh-eating creatures after a laboratory accident.

Pounding soundtrack. Zombies being blown to pieces. Pure adrenaline rush!


I hope I've inspired you if you're planning to hide behind the sofa this Halloween.

What did you think of my picks? Which ones were hit? And, which ones were a miss?

Read PART ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment