You are now entering the world of Titch-Films!

I'm an aspiring screenwriter from London, UK. This is my blog about my career as it progresses in film and television, along with posts which are my musings, reviews, and not so expertly compiled analyses of film and TV. Enjoy.

About Me

My photo
London, Surrey, United Kingdom
I'm a creative and opinionated writer from South-London. I rate Doctor Who, Buffy, individuality and questioning the world around us. I slate back-stabbers, ignorance, traffic jams and chewing gum. I also founded the Free Your Mind mental health anti-stigma campaign.

Monday 6 September 2010

Welcome to the world of Titch Films!

This is the first of what I hope will be many entertaining and, sometimes, insightful blog posts. The blog will be film and television based. It will include my thoughts, reviews and (not expert, but definitely nerdy) analyses of past and recent film and TV. What I mean when I say I will be analysing film and TV is that I will be comparing and making observations about what I watch, which although I will try to write them academically, that will not make them so. For example, my first analysis will be a comparison between the television shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Being Human.


I am an aspiring screenwriter and film producer. However, due to severe mental illness I have been unable to further my career at the speed I would like. I have compensated by a lot of self-schooling, by reading many books on films and screenwriting. My chosen career plan is most certainly unorthodox, once I have my third A-Level, I plan to study a foundation course on Digital Video and then go to university to study a BA in Film and Video and then a masters in screenwriting. In between and during, practically, I will be building my self-confidence by working in the voluntary sector and when I feel I'm ready I will move on to getting work experience in the film and television industry.

My mental illness really has hindered me a lot, but I am full of passion and I am sure I have the talent. I know now that I need to prove it. I don't bring up my mental disorder for sympathy, just so I can explain why I'm not as far along my career path as I should be. My mental illness, and the discrimination I faced because of it are what spurred me to come up with a campaign called Free Your Mind, which aims to battle stigma towards mental illness through the use of art, music film and culture. More about Free Your Mind can be found here.

Anyway, back on subject. I will also write about how my film career is progressing. So be sure to check back. And I promise I will have plenty of film and TV related material for you soon.
'Til then. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment